CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Assignment # 7

Many things we take for granted today — fixed prices, price tags, money-back guarantees — came from the fertile brain of Timothy Eaton. In 1869, he founded what was to become the T. Eaton Co. Ltd.: in its day, the largest, busiest, brightest retailing and mail-order enterprise in Canada. Through brilliant organization and innovation, Eaton surpassed all of his rivals and created a Canadian institution. A man of determination, he made his name synonymous with service and reliability. Personally devout, Eaton shaped his business according to the Methodist creed of honesty, self-reliance and hard work. He had no time for unions.

a) The most interesting category of the Canadian Personalities was all of the smart people, especially Timothy Eaton. I found it interesting also that he made his own company, not alot of people have the money, or the guts to do something like that.

b)This is the picture I found of my Canadian Personality, I find it cool because he looks like one of those really smart guys who is willing to do anything to impress someone!



c) Mary Brant, I chose her because she is a girl fighter, and you don't see any of these anymore.
James Wolfe, was a general, I think he is cool because people from the army are very stricked and know disipline.
The last man I chose was Arthur Lismer, I chose him because he was an artist, and my mom is an artist. I think some of the work artist do is really cool and colorful.


d) I had the most common with is Jack Cartier. He has the most common with me because he is an explorer who loves exploring alot, just like me. I like him, but not the most. That's why I think he has the most common with me because he has the same kind of hair and eyes too.

e) I will be remembered for making the blog, and posting all that information, I think that people will use the information I post, and will be reading this in 100 years. I think they will print all of the pages with information from my blog, and will use it as a textbook. That's what I think I will be remembered for.

2 comments:

Shauna Pollock said...

Hi Venci,

I see that you've found someon who interests you. Make sure to check on my blog so that you are following all instructions and remember - it is EXTREMELY important that you use ONLY your own words. Read something first and then rewrite it using your own words.

Venci said...

Ok thanks for the advice.