CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Assignment # 9

Dear Diary,

Yesterday, I just arrived in the new continent America. I got a house right away. Somebody warned me about patriots kicking people who are loyal to the queen, In America. I just ignored that. I thought it was just some homeless crazy old man. I went on, I settled down in my new house. I wrote many letters to England, and eventually somebody found out that I cared about the queen of England. I was then sent somewhere you would NEVER ever imagine. I had to go up to a country up north. The country's name was Canada. I should have kept those letters a secret because I knew someone would find them eventually. I guess I should not have ignored that crazy man that stopped me that early day. When I arrived in Canada, I had to live in someones house. I had put a lot of thought into what was happening to me, maybe I just should not have arrived in this new place so early after all.

In that man's house there were quite a few fellows. All of them were loyal to the queen.
It was weird to me how all of these "American Patriots", or however they named themselves could show such disrespect to our loyal queen. I talked to one of them; I asked how long we'd have to stay in that mans house. The person replied, unusually loud: "I Have No Clue!".
He sounded a little bit out of his mind. I guess that can happen to a person who has just been kicked out of HIS own house in a NEW continent. I could not imagine what a royal family person, or anybody who's worth more than just a normal person would do. I guess that would stay a mystery in my head. But oh well, those are just the least of my worries, I'd have to find a way to get out of this place.

Later that day, I heard two men talking how they could escape. That topic sounded quite interesting to me, so I decided to interrupt them:"Hello men, I was just wondering, are you really going to escape from here?". The men looked at me in a strange way, and then replied that they were. I also asked if I could go with them. They said I could, but I'd have to keep it a secret.
We were trying to think of a way not to be seen while we escape, because we were afraid of going inside a cell, or EVEN WORSE, being hanged!

After a 8 full hours of thinking, we decided to escape right before everybody wakes up.

It was finally time, it was our desteny to make it to the next ship leaving for England. We had to catch it or else we'd get caught, then hanged. There was a lot of people on that dock, waiting for a BIG, BIG ship to arrive. I do not know how everybody is going to get on.

We pushed a few people to get to the front of the line. And "Just in the nick of time" the amazingly big ship arrived. We got on with no troubles or anything.

That being said, that wasn't the end of this story, if you thought it was, "BOY" I hope your ready to read A LOT more about this adventure. "Emphysis on "BOY".

It was announced on the ship that "Three white men had escaped from a Canadian House". That was no worry for us because we had changed clothing, and no one would realise that we were those very same two rebels.

After getting home, I told my whole family about me and those men, who had escaped the house, and how we were kicked out of the 13 colonies. I had a good time getting home. I think that's enough for you to read, and I hope you really learn a lesson from my mistake: LISTEN TO CRAZY PEOPLE!

Yours Truly,

Victor

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Assignment Venci it really gave all of information and it seems like your really in character

Morgan said...

Good job on all of the assignments and in your assignments you really seem in character. :)

Shauna Pollock said...

Hi Venci,

Don't forget that your assignments are being marked and you shouldn't be rushing through them.

Here are a few things to think about:

#1. You need to follow all assignment requirements: for this one, you need to include a map and three links of where you found your information.

#2. The language you use must be appropriate to the time "a crazy hobo" is not something your character would have likely said.

#3. Accuracy is important: your year is wildly incorrect.

#4. It is unclear where you are coming from. Are you moving up from the 13 Colonies?

Venci said...

Thanks a lot Morgan and Mohammed, don't forget to follow my blog